Friday 30 July 2010

'The Dreaming Space' Acrylic painting on canvas

We all need somewhere to escape to to find some tranquility. The Dreaming Space was created mostly from my imagination and by using a selection of images of these trees to help with the acuracy of the form and foliage.

The Japanese Maple is one of my favourite trees, I absolutely love the vibrant red so naturally I had to paint something with one featured at some point, and I’m sure there will be many more to come so watch this space!

My aim was to create a calm, peaceful place but with a creative energy and with this painting I feel like (if it was possible to climb into the canvas anyway!) I could sit beneath it's twisting branches and drifting leaves for hours on end. So came the perfect meditation space or somewhere to think and dream of what could be, hence the name The Dreaming Space...

I hope it brings some creativity your way, thanks for looking. Sarah.

For more of Sarah Hamer's art & craft items go to http://www.sarahhamerartist.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment